The Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery is Devon’s award-winning and truly modern museum of history, nature, world cultures…Explore
Exeter Cathedral is one of the oldest and most beautiful Cathedrals in England.
Located in the centre of the city, there has been a Cathedral on the present site for nearly one thousand years. The imposing towers of today’s Cathedral date from the early 12th century. They form the majority of what remains of the Norman Cathedral which was replaced from 1270 -1340 by the beautiful Gothic building we see today with its famous West Front and elegant Nave. It is a rich resource of art, craft, symbolism and architectural detail. The Cathedral is, as it always has been, the jewel in the heritage crown of the county of Devon, as well as the seat of the Bishop and the Mother Church of the Diocese.
The building itself is a remarkable feat of engineering, design and craftsmanship. It has the longest stretch of unbroken Gothic vaulting in the world, stunning stained glass windows and an intricately carved image screen on the West Front.
- Treasures of the Cathedral’s Medical Collections Thu 18 Oct
- Drop-in Glass Votives and Shrinkies Crafts Mon 22 Oct
- Drop-in Fish Kite Crafts Tue 23 Oct
- Tie-Die Workshop Wed 24 Oct
- The Company of Tapisers Explained Thu 25 Oct
- Art in the Cathedral talk Wed 31 Oct
- WWI Commemoration Tour Fri 02 Nov
- Winter Fair Tue 06 Nov
- Ancient Textiles Unlocked Talk Thu 08 Nov
- Remembrance Lecture (Canon Dr Mike D Williams) Sun 11 Nov
- Remembrance Lecture (Prof Esther Reed) Sun 18 Nov
- Medieval Evening Tours Wed 21 Nov
- Medieval Stained Glass Talk and Tour Thu 22 Nov
- Remembrance Lecture (Canon Dr Georgina Byrne) Sun 25 Nov
- Medieval Medical Manuscripts Wed 28 Nov