Step back in time and find out about adventures on the high seas, try on Tudor costumes or take part…Explore
Enjoy a fun filled family day out at Morwellham Quay, a Victorian village that comes a live, with hands on activities and interactive talks by costumed guides:
- Chocolate Making – make your own chocolate lolly
- Bakery – bake your own bread roll
- Rock Breaking – break open the ore to find copper
- Rope Making – turn the handles and help make rope
- School Lesson – become Victorian school children, learn about the punishments for misbehaving
- Mine Train – take the 40 minute train journey, along the beautiful river Tamar, before entering the George and Charlotte copper mine.*
Also try on Victorian clothes, pan for gold, explore the cottages or just enjoy the peaceful river setting.
The Ship Inn – restaurant/cafe, sells a selection of hot and cold food, drinks and homemade cakes.
Dogs are welcome, but are not allowed into the chocolate making of the bakery.
*Mine Train is an additional charge as not everyone is able to or wants to take the journey.
- Easter Sunday & Monday 21st - 22nd Apr
- Ragged Victorian Weekend 25th - 27th May
- Mad Dog Mcrea 31st May
- Fathers Classic Car Day 16th Jun
- Lister Engine Festival 29th - 30th Jun
- Summer Cider Fest with The Wurzels 12th - 14th Jul
- Steampunk Festival 17th - 18th Aug
- Halloween Week 19th - 31st Oct
- Christmas 30th Nov - 1st Dec
- Christmas 7th - 8th Dec
- Christmas 14th - 24th Dec