Welcome to Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City. Plymouth is a vibrant waterfront city packed full of attractions Situated in one of…Explore
Morwellham Quay is open for camping and the Ship Inn riverside pub is open.
For the safety of our staff and visitors due to COVID-19 we have made the decision to temporarily close the attraction.
We hope to welcome visitors back very soon.
Enjoy a fun filled family day out at Morwellham Quay, a Victorian village that comes a live, with hands on activities and interactive talks by costumed guides:
- Chocolate Making – make your own chocolate lolly
- Bakery – bake your own bread roll
- Rock Breaking – break open the ore to find copper
- Rope Making – turn the handles and help make rope
- School Lesson – become Victorian school children, learn about the punishments for misbehaving
- Mine Train – take the 40 minute train journey, along the beautiful river Tamar, before entering the George and Charlotte copper mine.*
Also try on Victorian clothes, pan for gold, explore the cottages or just enjoy the peaceful river setting.
The Ship Inn – restaurant/cafe, sells a selection of hot and cold food, drinks and homemade cakes.
Dogs are welcome, but are not allowed into the chocolate making of the bakery.
*Mine Train is an additional charge as not everyone is able to or wants to take the journey.