Company: River Dart Country Park, Dartmoor, Devon TQ13 7NP.
Job Type: Full-time 42.5hrs (Permanent)
Wage: Up to £23,205 per annum dependent on age and experience.
Essential Qualifications/ Experience: Horticulture qualifications would be advantageous but not a must. Full Driving Licence.
Start date: ASAP.
Interview Dates: By arrangement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly team at River Dart Country Park as a Grounds Team Member.
River Dart Country Park sits on 90 acres of parkland within Dartmoor National Park. The Park is one of Devon’s best-loved family tourist attractions and campsites and is packed with activities. In addition to the campsite, bed and breakfast and play areas, the park is also a popular venue for both corporate clients and weddings.
River Dart Country Park is a multi-award-winning business, and we pride ourselves on achieving the highest of standards. If you think you have the skills and passion, we would love for you to join our friendly team as a Grounds Team Member.
This role will involve supporting guests and colleagues whilst balancing the day-to-day operation of the park. Including various horticultural activities whilst also ensuring that the grounds are maintained and presented to the highest possible standards. Experience with operating various plant machinery is advantageous.
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes: –
• High level of inter-personal skills and a good communicator.
• Have a flexible attitude to working hours, as this position will involve weekends and bank holidays.
• Experience in Horticulture would be helpful.
• Experience in grounds tasks.
• Self-motivation with a positive attitude.
• Focussed on delivering a high standard of work.
• Able to adapt quickly to situations as they arise with a sense of urgency.
• Organised, hardworking and conscientious.
• Full Driving Licence.
• This is a permanent full-time position working 42.5 hours per week.
• The nature of our business necessitates that the successful applicant will be required to work some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
The successful Grounds Team candidate will benefit from:
• National recognised qualifications.
• Free use of our Dartmoor Bike Park.
• Free entry to the park for you on your days off.
• 20% food discount whilst you are working.
• Discount off camping for you and your family