Please note the former Queen Street Entrance is now for exit only.
You can reach the Garden Entrance via two accessible routes
- via Castle Street, past Exeter Library, or
- via Little Queen Street and Musgrave Row, which is level
- Alternatively via Upper Paul Street or Gandy Street, which includes a short, steep approach
Wheelchair users and people with mobility scooters, pushchairs and buggies can access the entrance using the ramp from the blue-badge parking area, and may use our new lift to exit from Queen Street to pavement level.
Small vehicles, including minibuses, can also use the parking area to drop passengers.
To book blue-badge parking, call 01392 265960 during opening hours – 10am to 5pm Tuesday to Sunday (closed Mondays and bank holidays).
Find us by car
- Use city centre parking: Guildhall Shopping Centre, Harlequins Shopping Centre and Mary Arches car parks are nearby. Visit the City Council’s website for information on all Exeter car parks.
- There are two parking spaces for blue badge holders at the Museum’s garden entrance, accessed via Upper Paul Street which runs beside the Museum from Queen Street. These spaces can only be used by permit holders; call 01392 265960 during opening hours to book your free temporary permit.
- Wheelchair users and people with mobility scooters, pushchairs and buggies should use the ramp at the garden entrance, and can exit via the lifting platform at the Queen Street exit.
- Park and Ride bus services stop in Paris Street or South Street. Mobility scooters are available from Shopmobility on Paris Street.
- Parking for motorists with disabilities is free in Exeter City Council car parks (except Guildhall and Mary Arches), provided a valid blue badge is displayed. Wide parking bays are available for disabled motorists in most car parks.
- Central Station is 100 meters away. Leave the station through its Queen Street entrance and turn left to reach us.
- St David’s Station is a 15 minute walk or short bus or taxi ride away.
Bus and coach
Most city buses stop in the High Street or Queen Street. The main bus station is on Paris Street. The nearest drop-off point for coaches is in Queen Street outside Central station.