The multi-award winning South Devon Railway is one of Devon’s and the West Country’s best loved tourist attractions and is the…Explore
Since time immemorial, deer have been drawn to graze in the sheltered meadows which line the banks of the river Dart in this Devonshire valley and quench their thirst in the cooling waters which flow here from high up on the moors and down towards the sea.
For nearly a thousand years, people have been drawn here, too. They have come to search for God. For God who is everywhere, certainly, but as they happened upon this place, they sensed that its beauty, its silence and tranquillity, its community of people who were similarly searching, made it a place where God might easily be found.
- Buckfast Abbey Garden Walk & Talk: Philosophy and Organics Tue 02 Oct
- Abbotsway Walk Sun 07 Oct
- Talk by Field Marshal Lord Guthrie Sat 20 Oct
- Buckfast Abbey Gardens Talk – Edible Plants Tue 23 Oct
- Buckfast Abbey Christmas Food and Craft Weekend Sat 01 Dec
- Buckfast Abbey Christmas Table Decorations Workshop Tue 11 Dec